Directions0/0 steps made
- Kurukku kalan (കുറുക്കു കാളൻ )or Sadya Kalan is really an essential part of traditional Kerala Sadya. Its littile Time and Patience needed recipe. So let’s start
- First of all, Let’s heat two cup water, Add Green chillies and let’s boil it, One two minute is enough. we will move to next step
- Add Yam, Raw banana and cook for few minutes
- Now in a bowl add 1/2 cup water, add Pepper Powder and mix well.
- With a strainer, strain the pepper water remoce big particles. Add the water with the Yam, Banana Mix.
- Now you can add Turmeric Powder, Chilly powder and Salt, Mix well, Cook well ( the water content will be little or almost dry)
- When everything cooked well, add 1/2 teaspoon Ghee and Saute the mix in ghee for one or two minute.
- Now you can add Curd. Stir continuously till the water content evaporate and it reach to right consistency. ( its most time consuming job )
- When the mixture will be thick , add Coconut paste , mix well, cook for few more minute.
- Next we will tamper it two times.
- First, heat Oil, Add Mustard seeds, when it start to spurts, add Curry leaves and pour it over the Curry.
- Next heat 1/2 teaspoon Ghee roast Fenugreek powder , add it to the curry. Kurukku Kalan is ready.
Join the discussion