Directions0/0 steps made
- Chemmeen Unda or Prawns Dumplings is a typical Malabar delicacy. Its a must-try item for food lovers.
- First of all, we need the clean fresh Prawns.
- Next we will marinate 1 cup Prawn with half teaspoon Turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon Chilly powder and enough salt. Keep it for rest atlest 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns at 70%, Next we will chop fried prawn to small pieces.
- Now we will prepare the masale for filling the dumplings. Using the same oil we used to fry prawn (add more oil if require) saute 2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste.
- When the raw smell goes out, add chopped Onions, green chillies and some salt. Saute it well
- We will add chopped Prwan now . The prawn will cook completely on this masala.
- Add Grated Cococnut to the mix and combine well.
- Add Fennel powder and Curry leaves to the mix and cook for some more minutes. Thats it. Masala is ready
- Now, we will prepare the dough for the dumplings. Take two cups of Rice flour, add enough salt and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds. mix everything well.
- Pour hot water slowly and combine it with a ladle. Make sure hot water made the flour moist completely
- When the temperature reach at a level we can handle, kneed the flour mix to a soft dough.
- Take some dough, make a bowl shape with your finger. fill it with masala , seal it and roll it to a ball.
- We should steam these balls for atleast 15-20 minutes. Thats all . Malabar Chemmen unda or Prawn Dumplings are ready
Join the discussion