Directions0/0 steps made
- Avalose Podi in Middle Kerala & Pooram Varathathu in Northen kerala are almost same
- First of all, sock the rice at least 3 hours, Drain water and in a blender make a coarse powder
- Next step is, In a thick bottom bowl, Mix Rice powder, coconut and Salt. Combine everything with hand
- Please note, do not add single drop of water. The rise powder must get water from the grated coconut.
- When it’s combined well, Let’s start roasting. Add Sesame seeds(Gingelly Seed) and Cumin seeds, Mix well.
- Roast it in low to medium flame about 45 minutes till the raw taste of the rice powder goes and it will become crisp.. It will be in light brown colour
- Now, Avalose podi is ready. You can keep it in an Air tight container a year full.
- Tamuk, Avalose Unda, Churutt etc are made using this Avalose podi
- For Tamuk. Mix Sugar and Banana with Avalose podi well, You can make lemon size ball with it. Its Tamuk, Its an offering for some Churches in kerala (There is a festival called Tamuk Perunal(Tamuk Festival))
- For Avalose Unda, We mix the Powder with Jaggery syrup and make lemon size ball.
Join the discussion