Directions0/0 steps made
- Ney Pathal /Ney Pathiri/ Ari Pathal is a traditional kerala delicacy from Malabar region. Its prepared on all Special Occasions
- First of all soak the raw rice at least 3 hrs, Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a food processor, grind the Rice to a coarse paste with little or no water with grated Coconut, Cumin seeds and Salt
- Now we will make a dough adding enough Rice powder.
- Add a teaspoon of Oil / Ghee with the Dough
- Now lets make lemon sized balls from the dough
- Roll each balls to small chapatti like disc. If you want perfect round shape you can use a cookie cutter or something similar
- In a pan Heat oil enough for deep fry, Slide each pathiri in to hot oil, let it fry both sides in light brown colour
- Your Ney Pathal / Ney Pathiri is ready
- Best with Chicken curry
Join the discussion