Directions0/0 steps made
- Malabar Tenga choru or Malabar Coconut rice is a special dish made on special occasions, like Eid, Ramadan , Marriage functions etc. So let’s start.
- First wash the rice and soak it for 15 minutes. Drain water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom vessel , add Cinnamon stick, Cloves, Cardamom and saute it for two minutes
- Add grated Coconut and saute it for few seconds.
- Next add Rice and saute it for one minutes.
- Next add Coconut milk to the rice. If you are adding coconut milk without seive (coconut batter) You don’t need to add extra grated coconut (step 4)
- Add enough salt and mix well
- Cook it well. It need to be little mashy . Serve warm with Curd or Beef roast.
Join the discussion