Directions0/0 steps made
- Karimeen Mappas or Kerala Pearl Spot curry is a typical Kerala curry often served as a breakfast side dish. It’s easy, tasty, and a must-try item.
- First of all clean the fish, make vertical cutting marks. It will help the masala to stick to the fish
- For preparing marination masala, we will mix 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon Chilly powder, 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder, Salt, and a tablespoon Lemon Juice to a paste
- Cover fish with masala
- Next, we will fry the fish 70%. Rest will be cooked in curry.
- Now we will prepare the masala for the curry.
- We will grind, Shallots, Garlic, Ginger, 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon Chilly powder, and 1 teaspoon Coriander powder with some water
- We will prepare the curry now, For that, you can heat some fresh oil or the same oil we used to fry fish
- Add a big onion sliced. Saute it for some time. Next, add Greem chilies and curry leaves
- When the Onion becomes semi-translucent, add tomatoes.
- When everything cooked well, add the Masala paste and enough salt.
- We will cook the mix till the water content evaporate little and the mix becomes a little dry
- Add Thin coconut milk (Randaam pal) and mix well. Let it boil
- When it starts to boil, add fried fish. Do not use Ladle or any spoon to mix it. The fish will break into pieces
- You can twist the pan with had to mix it. Close the pan with a lid and cook it for some more time
- We will add the Thick coconut milk (Onnam Pal) just before removing the curry from flame
- We will finish the curry by pouring some coconut oil over it.
- Karimeen mappas is ready. Enjoy it with Appam, Puttu, or Dosa
Join the discussion