Directions0/0 steps made
- Chemmeen theeyal / Konchu theeyal or Prawn curry is a traditional Kerala curry. You can have it with lunch or breakfast. So let’s start.
- First, we have to prepare Coconut masala. For that heat a teaspoon Coconut oil in a pan and add a cup of Grated Coconut and roast it.
- Next, we will add a piece of Ginger chopped and a teaspoon Black pepper and roast it.
- When the colour of the coconut changed to brown colour, we will add a teaspoon Chilly powder and one and a half teaspoon Coriander powder. Mix well
- When it’s roasted enough, we will remove it from flame and grind it to a paste with enough water. Keep it aside.
- Now we will make the Curry. Heat a tablespoon Coconut oil in a pan, add one cup sliced Shallots. Saute it for some time.
- When it did half, add 2-3 sliced Green chillies and a tablespoon Coconut strips. Coconut strips are optional but we recommend it.
- It’s the time to add Prawns. add a cup cleaned Prawn
- Next, we will add half teaspoon Turmeric powder and a teaspoon Chilly powder. Add enough water and Salt. Mix it well.
- We will cook it well so that the Prawns are cooked enough.
- Next, we will add a tablespoon Tamarind extract. If you dont like Tamarind, you can add Kokum instead
- Finally, we can add Coconut paste. Combine everything well. If required, add more water.
- Cook everything some more minutes. When its start boiling, add a spring Curry leaves and remove it from flame.
- That’s all. Kerala style Prawn curry or Konchu Theeyal is ready.
Join the discussion