Directions0/0 steps made
- Sakkarai Pongal or chakkara Pongal or Sweet Pongal is highly connected with the south Indian agricultural tradition. Usually, there are two varieties of Pongal. One is Ven Pongal other one is this.
- First of all we will roast half a cup of moong dal till the raw smell goes. Let it cool, wash them well, and keep them aside.
- Take one cup of White Raw rice. wash it well and keep it aside.
- Now, in the cooker add Rice and Dal. Add Milk, Cardamom powder and enough water to cook it well. we need it as little mashed state. so dont worry if its little over cooked .
- You dont need to worry if its not mashy one. you can mash it manually.
- Next, we will prepare Jaggery syrup. Add a cup Jaggery with a tablespoon water. Lets melt it well.
- When the jaggery melt completely, strain it for impurities and add it to the mixture and combine well.
- Add Ghee often and mix well till it reach the right consistency
- In a pan melt some ghee. Add Cashew nuts and Raisins and fry them.
- Add it to the Pongal and combine . Thats it. Our Sakkarai Pongal or chakkara Pongal or Sweet Pongal is ready.
Join the discussion