Directions0/0 steps made
- Dates pickle is originated in Kerala, as Keralites are huge fan of pickles. As you know its sweet- spicy pickle and best with Fried rice or Biriyani
- First we have to clean the dates. Deseed them and chop into small pices and keep aside
- Next in a pan heat Gingelly oil, add Mustard seeds and wait till it start to spurts.
- Add Fenugreek seeds and saute it till the colour of change to red
- Next we will and Ginger chopped, Garlic chopped and saute it for some time
- We will add Green chillies next. add Curry leaves too. Saute everything well
- Now we will add Turmeric powder and Chilly powder. Mix well
- Add Tamarind juice , enough salt and mix well
- You can add some water if required.
- It is the time to add Chopped Dates and Jaggery. (Before adding Jaggery you have test the taste. and add it as per your taste and preference)
- Finally we add Asafoetida and still continuously till we reach the right consistency
- Keep the Dates pickle in an air tight container and use it after 24 hour
Join the discussion