Directions0/0 steps made
- Kootucurry (കൂട്ടുകറി )is an essential part of traditional kerala sadya. Its very easy to make. So let’s start.
- First of all soak Black Channa (Kadala) for 2-3 hours
- Then cook Black channa with 1/4 teaspoon salt to 80%. Do not cook it completely.
- Chop raw banana in to small pieces. to remove stain, you could dip them in to Rice water for some time.
- Same way chop Yam in to small cubes
- Now add Yam and Banana to cooked Black channa with Turmeric powder, Pepper powder, Chilly powder and one teaspoon Salt
- Mix well and cook it well
- Grind 3/4 cup grated coconut with a pinch of Cumin seeds and two tablespoon water to a paste
- Add the coconut paste to Cooked Black channa masala and mix well.
- In a pan heat oil, add two tablespoon Coconut oil, when its heated enough , add Mustard seeds. When it start to spurts, add Curry leaves and Dry red chillies.
- Add Grated coocnut to the mix and lets roast it, till it reach brown colour
- Finally add fried coocnut mixure over the cooked curry and mix well. Sadya style kootucurry ready
Join the discussion