Directions0/0 steps made
- Banana Chips or Kaya Upperi is Kerala’s own snack food. Its also called Ethakka Upperi. Its very simple to make.
- First of all Peel the Bananas and wash well
- In a bowl, add water, mix Turmeric powder well and dip Bananas in Turmeric water at least One hour.
- This will give Chips golden yellow colour
- Then slice each bananas in to Thin slices.
- For Sadya its usually slice each Banans in to four.
- Now we will prepare Salt Water by combining Salt and Water
- Heat Oil, Add Banana slices, Deep fry Banana i n to Golden brown colour.
- Just before Picking te Chips from oil, Lower the Flame, pour two or three teaspoon Salt water over the chips and mix well
- Remove chips from the Oil, and Keep it in an Air tight Container. Banana Chips are ready
Join the discussion