Directions0/0 steps made
- Vazhachundu or Vazha koombu or Banana Blossom are used to make stir fry as a side dish for lunch. Its really an healthy option for side dish.
- First of all , we remove first few petals and clean it well.
- Rub some oil on your hands and chop it in to tiny portions.
- We will remove the stem of it. After chopping it well, we will add some oil (preferably coconut oil) and mix well and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes
- Next , Cook green gram with some salt and enough water and keep it aside
- We will mix Chilly powder, Turmeric powder and enough salt to Grated Coconut and mix well and keep it aside.
- Let’s start making Stir fry . Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds. When it start to spurts add Urad dal
- When the colour of the Urad dal will change add Curry leaves and Dry red chillies and saute for some time
- Next we will add chopped Banana Blossom and mix well.
- Add Coconut mix , mix well and cook it closed .
- Finally add cooked Green Gram with it and cook it some more time . ( If you want, you can also use Brown pea or you can also make it without adding anything extra)
- Thats all. Our healthy Vazhachundu thoran is ready .
Join the discussion