Directions0/0 steps made
- Thenga Chammanthi Podi is served as a curry or side dish for Rice. This Sour-Spicy powder really a must try recipe.
- First of all, we will roast the main ingredients . Heat a pan, add halt teaspoon Coconut oil
- Chop Veld grape/Hadjod to small pieces
- Add grated Coconut, Curry leaves, Urad Dal, Veld grape/Hadjod, Dry Red Chilly and Saute it till the Coconut become red in colour in Low Flame
- It may take some time. But you have to stir continuously .
- When the coconut become Red. Transfer it to a sheet to cool it down
- When it cool enough, add Salt and Tamarind and make a coarse powder
- While grinding it may become little sticky , because of the oil extracted from the coconut.
- Keep it in an air tight container.Thenga Chammanthi Podi is ready
- You could also add Ginger , Shallot etc with roasting Coconut to make it more spicy .
Join the discussion