Directions0/0 steps made
- Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is a typical Tamil Brahmin recipe originated in Tamilnadu . In Tamil Kuzhambu means curry . Paruppu Urundai means lentil dal balls. These balls can also use to make Mor Kuzhambu. So let’s start.
- First of all we will soak one cup of Split Gram lentil or Toor Dal for one hour
- Next we will grind Dal to make a thick paste with Dry red chillies, Asafoetida, Green chilly and enough salt
- Soak Tamarind in warm water and extract juice, and keep it aside
- In a pan heat a teaspoon Oil, add Dry Red Chillies, Coriander seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Bengal Gram Dal (Kadala Parippu) , Black pepper, and saute it for 1-2 minutes
- Let it cool for some time, and grind it with enough water to a paste
- In a pan heat a teaspoon Oil and add Lentil paste and saute it for 2-3 minutes in medium flame
- Make small balls with it .
- Heat Tamarind juice in a pan, add Turmeric powder and let it boil.
- Add Masala Paste and mix well
- When the mixture start to boil, Check the salt level, If required add some salt and mix well.( Remember Lentil balls contain some salt)
- Add Lentil balls. Let’s cook the balls .
- At this time do dot stir the curry. The balls will break
- When the balls start to float over the curry, it’s the right time to tempering it and finish .
- Heat a teaspoon Oil, add Mustard seeds. When it start to spurts add Curry leaves and Coriander leaves.
- Pour the Mixture over the curry .
- (If you are making Paruppu Urundai Mor Kuzhambu, You need to steam the balls and add it to curry directly)
- Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu is ready. Serve hot with Plain rice .
Join the discussion