Directions0/0 steps made
- Murukku is a south indian snack food. Often served as a tea time snack. You can make Murukku really easy. so let’s start.
- First of all we will dry roast Urad dal for few minutes n mixer grinder and make fine powder . You can use a sieve.
- Next Mix Rice powder, Urad dal powder, Salt, Sesame seeds, Asafoetida,Cumin seeds, Ghee/ Oil and Chilly powder.
- Here Cumin seeds, Asafoetida and Chilly powder are optional, so if you don’t wish, you can skip it
- Next add enough water, preferably warm water and kneed to a dough
- The consistency should be more soft than chapatti (roti) dough
- Heat enough oil in medium flame for deep frying
- Fill enough dough in Murukku press (Sev maker) with required plate (usualy star plate)
- Press and and make spiral shape murukku in a butter paper or Banana leaf
- Just check the heat of the oil by dropping a pinch of dough to oil.
- If it rise quickly without browning, its perfect
- Transfer it to strainer ladle and move to hot oil
- Deep fry each of them to golden colour, and drain excess oil by placing fried it on kitchen tissue
- Enjoy Murukku with Tea.
Join the discussion