Directions0/0 steps made
- Elanchi is a Malabar (North Kerala) snack food. It’s much easy to make. So lets start
- First of all Let’s make batter. In a bowl, add All Purpose Flour, Egg, Turmeric powder, Salt and enough water to make a batter
- Next in pan heat Ghee, add broken cashew nuts and fry for few seconds, now add Raisins and fry it for some seconds. Keep it aside
- Add Sugar to the same pan, add a tablespoon of water and mix well. Heat it for a minute stirring continuously.
- Now add Grated Coconut and mix well. Stir well till the water content evaporate almost.
- Add roasted Cashew nuts and Raisins. the filling is ready
- Heat a tawa, pour some batter over it and spread round, just like Dosa. Make sure its small one.
- When cooked , flip it and cook other side too.
- Now place the filling in one side of the dosa, roll it, and close side by folding it inside.
- Elanchi is ready
Join the discussion