Directions0/0 steps made
- Sukhiyan or Sugiyan is a traditional kerala snack. Really easy to make. So let’s start
- Cook green gram with enough water and a pinch of Salt and keep it aside
- Lets make Jaggery syrup by melting jaggery with a tablespoon of water. Strain it for impurities and keep it aside
- In a Pan lets add grated coconut and lets fry for few minute by stirring continuously. no need to change colour
- Now add Jaggery syrup and Cardamom powder and mix well.
- Its the time to add Cooked Green gram and stir continuously till the mixture become almost dry
- Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- When its cool enough to handle, make lemon sized balls and keep it aside
- Now we have to make a batter, by mixing All purpose Flour and Rice powder, a Pinch Turmeric powder and enough water.
- Dip the balls in to the mix and deep fry each balls. Sukhiyan is ready
- Enjoy these sweet balls as your evening snack with hot tea
Join the discussion