Directions0/0 steps made
- Puli Mittai or Imli candy or Tamarind candy is an nostalgic taste from childhood. Making is really easy.
- First of all, Soak Tamarind in hot water for 10-15 minute. Squeeze well and make tamarind extract. Keep it aside
- In a pan heat Jaggery / Sugar with some water. Lets melt it completely
- If you are using Jaggery , you have to strain it for impurities
- If you are using Sugar “single thread” is the right consistency .
- When jaggery become little thick . add Tamarind extract
- Misx Chilly powder, cumin powder and salt
- Sir continuously and when it start leaving from the pan, flame off
- Let it cool down completely.
- Make small balls with it . Roll every candy in powdered sugar. You can make Lolipop or Candy, depends on what the child inside you says
Join the discussion