Directions0/0 steps made
- To make Phirni, Rinse basmati rice and soak in water for an hour.
- Transfer to mixer and with little cold milk grind it to a smooth fine paste.
- Take a deep heavy bottomed wide pan and boil milk till its reduced to three forth of the original quantity.At this point add the rice paste while stirring continuously. Make sure that you stir continuously or there may be a chance of forming lumps.
- Let it cook for 15-25 min in simmer(stir continuously).
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and continue to stir till the sugar dissolves and it forms a nice creamy mixture like pudding with no lumps.
- garnish with chopped nuts of your choice. Refrigerate it at least for an hour and serve chilled
Join the discussion