Directions0/0 steps made
- Mix the yeast with half a teaspoon of the sugar and two tablespoons of the warm milk. Place in a warm place to rest for 15 minutes, or until frothy.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Stir in two tablespoon of sugar.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the yeast mix, the rest of the milk(Care should be taken while pouring the milk.Flour mix should not be very loose), the melted butter and the egg. Mix to make a dough (Like how we make for rotis)and then cover the bowl and leave to stand for 45 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.(keep the dough in warm place.You can even keep it inside the oven after preheating the oven for 1 min)(Or divide the dough into balls and place in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until they have doubled in size.)
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Gently lower the dough balls one at a time into the hot oil, in batches of two or three, and fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden-brown, and then carefully turn over. Remove from the hot oil with a spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Dust sugar or (roll in sugar) on hot doughnuts . Make a small slit in the doughnut with the tip of a knife, and fill with a teaspoon of jam.(Or use a piping bag filled with jam and pipe a little jam into the balls) Serve.
Join the discussion