Directions0/0 steps made
- Thaen Mittai or Then Mittayi or Thaen Nilavu is a traditional kerala candy. Which can be made very easily.
- Soak Raw Rice and Urad dal overnight.
- Drain water completely
- Prepare thick batter with Raw rice and Urad Dal with no water or minimum water
- Add a pinch Baking soda, a pinch Salt, and Red food colour and mix well
- Now we will make Sugar syrup
- Head Sugar water mix in a pan
- Stir continuously till all sugar dissolved
- Let the syrup thicken enough
- Heat oil in pan
- Shape the batter in to desired shape and deep fry it.
- Put the candies in sugar syrup for 5 minutes. Let it drain.
- When it drain completely, you can roll them in to powdered sugar
- Keep it in an air tight container. Eat it when you want. simple!!
Join the discussion