Directions0/0 steps made
- Kerala Mixture is a spicy hot traditional tea time snack from kerala. You could find different varieties all over India, such a s Bombay Mixture, Sweet Mixture etc.
- First of all, mix Basen flour with 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon Chilly powder, 1/2 teaspoon Salt.
- Now add enough water and kneed to a dough. Little looser than regular Chapathi dough.
- Heat enough oil for deep fry
- Using a Sev Press or Idiyappam Press, Use small Jali , squeeze the dough to strings directly to hot oil and deep fry it . Drain excess oil using a strainer and keep it aside.
- Now we will make boondi – small round balls , . For that, add more water to the rest part of the dough , using a perforated tawa pour it directly to the hot oil. and deep fry it and keep it aside .
- Next fry Peanuts, Roasted Gram ( Pottu Kadala), Garlic pods, Curry leaves separately, and keep it aside.
- Now it’s the mixing time. Broke sev with hands tp small pieces, and combine Boondi, peanuts, Roasted Gram, Garlic, Curry leaves together
- In a spoon, take 1/2 teaspoon Chilly powder, 1/4 teaspoon Salt and mix together
- Add this mix to the Sev mixture and combine well with hand. Kerala Mixture is ready
Join the discussion