Directions0/0 steps made
Vazhapindi Thoran/ Vazhaithandu Poriyal/ Banana Stem Stirfry is and easy and healthy side dish for lunch.
- First we have to prepare Banana Stem. First we cut the stem to disks of half centimetre. at that time you can remove the fiber from the stem by finger
- Then we chop the disks finely as possible. Wash them well. Some may add some salt to the water .
- Squeeze excess water from the chopped stem and keep it aside .
- Next we will cook Toor dal / Green gram(Mung bean) with enough water and keep it aside
- In a pan heat a teaspoon Oi. Add a teaspoon Mustard seeds. When it start to spurts, add Urad dal. When the colour of the dal turns red, add curry leaves and Dry red chillies, and saute for few seconds
- Now we will add chopped Banana Stem. Cook it closed for some time( 10 minutes is enough)
- Combine Grated Coconut with Turmeric powder, Chilly powder
- Add the mixture to the Banana Stem mix, Add salt and combine well.
- Cook it closed for some more minutes (10 more minutes). Our Banana Stem stir fry/ Vazhapindi thoran is ready