Directions0/0 steps made
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the dark chocolate and chopped butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water over low heat (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
- Stir mixture until melted and smooth, then remove the bowl from the heat and stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Using a spoon, stir sugar into chocolate until dissolved. Gradually add eggs,
- Stirring until well combined. Add vanilla, flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix until a smooth dough.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes to firm.
- Use hands to roll 2 level tablespoons of the dough into a ball. Repeat.
- Sift the icing sugar into a dish, then dip each ball into the dish and dust heavily in icing sugar and place on the prepared trays about 2cm apart.
- Bake the balls for 10-12 minutes until firm .
- Cool on the trays.
- Note: Bake one ball first and check whether it has a tendency to melt If so dust more flour/coco powder and mix the dough .
Join the discussion