Directions0/0 steps made
- Cut the chicken into large cubes.
- Toast the sesame seeds and peanuts in a dry frying pan then grind to a paste. Mix the paste with a little milk. This paste will thicken and bind the sauce for the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and add the onion and 2 pinches of salt. Cook over medium–high heat until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- Place the peanut paste, ginger, garlic, chilli, turmeric, yoghurt, garam masala, cumin seeds and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and mix together. Stir in the fried onion and then the chicken. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes (the acidity of the yoghurt will help to tenderise the chicken, but if left for longer, too much moisture will be drawn out of the meat).
- Put the chicken and marinade in the pan used for the onions and put a lid on it. Cook the chicken over medium heat for 30–40 minutes.Every 15 min, stir gently to make sure that gravy does not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Just before serving add the lemon juice.
Join the discussion