Directions0/0 steps made
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Grease and line 2 rectangular cake tin(medium sized). Set aside
- Cream butter and sugar together in a stand mixer (or using an electric hand whisk) for 10 minutes until really light, thick and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time and beat over medium speed until incorporated.
- Add in the sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Combine coffee and boiling water together in a cup, allow to cool a little.
- Melt chocolate in stages in a microwave,(or in a bowl set over a pot of hot boiling water) allow to cool for 5 minutes then add along with the coffee to batter. Mix to combine.
- Divide batter evenly between the 2 pre-lined cake tins and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewers comes out of the centre clean.
- Cool cakes and then trim off the sides to make 2 perfect rectangles.
- Heat jam in a small pot for a minute or two. Push through a sieve and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to re-thicken.
- Spread jam over the top of one of the sponge rectangles and sandwich the second on top. Place sandwiched cake in freezer for 30 minutes while you prepare the coating.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pot of hot boiling water, Allow to cool slightly then sift in the icing sugar and add the milk. Stir well.
- Remove cake from freezer and carefully cut into 12 squares.
- Place coconut into a large mixing bowl
- Very carefully dip each square in the chocolate coating and then roll in the shredded coconut .
Join the discussion