Directions0/0 steps made
- Chakka Aviyal in traditional way. Means No modern home appliances used.
- First of all, We cut all vegetables in to long pieces ( 2 1/2 inch)
- Heat traditional Kalchatti (traditional stoneware) or Cook pot adda teaspoon coconut oil
- Now we will add all Vegetables except Jackfruit Bulbs , Green chillies and Mango pieces. Cook it for some time. No need to add water
- After some time , when all veggies started cooking , add Chilly powder, Turmeric powder, Green chilles and Cook it for few more minutes
- When everything Cooked enough , add enough Salt, Jackfruit Bulbs, Mango pieces, If you want , you could add some water ( i didn’t added any water)
- Now with the help of Mortar and Pestle we crush Grated coconut and Cumin seeds. Add the mixture to the veggies.
- Mix everything well, Let it cook for few more minutes,
- Now add Curry leaves and a Spoon Coconut Oil and remove it from Flame
- Traditional Chakka Aviyal ready
- For Kottayam Style Aviyal recipe click here
Join the discussion